UNISON Branch Executive Meeting
Minutes of Meeting 14th June 2016
Practical Room, Education Unit, Western Isles Hospital, 6.00 pm
Jane Montgomery Secretary Alistair Morrison Treasurer
Mairi Murray Chair Gillian Macdonald Steward - ULR
Kath Mace Welfare Officer Janet Marshall Communications
Mustapha Hocine Education Officer
Apologies have been received from Stephan Smit, Richard Galloway, Moira Sykes and Chris Ann Munro
2. Approval of Minutes
May minute was approved with one minor amendment.
3. Matters Arising
There were no matters arising which were not included on the agenda
4. Treasurer's Report
Discussion: Alistair Morrison submitted a report stating that at the 31st May 2016 the accounts were:
Current Account £15,896.03
Industrial Action Fund £378.69
Chairperson Altocard £498.69
Secretary Altocard £56.06
Treasurer Altocard £295.75
Petty Cash £13.50
There are three cheques not yet cashed to the value of £532.08, one from 2015 and two from 2016.
Issue: Football Tabbards
Discussion: These have now been ordered and paid for.
Issue: Treasurer Netbook
Discussion: Alistair advised that he needs a new netbook to do the accounts as he is having problems with the current one. The committee agree that he should source and purchase this asap.
Action: Alistair will source this.
Discussion: Due to issues with costs for changing flights it was reiterated that when booking we should always go with the ‘All In’ fare to ensure no additional costs.
5. Secretary's Report
Discussion: There was no new start/leaver information received this month, but Jane will request this and update the committee at the next meeting.
Action: Jane to contact Inverness Office for newstarts/leavers info.
6. Welfare Officer's Report
Issue: Football Bibs
Discussion: Janet Tierney has spoken to Don Murray from Occupational Health who is waiting for an invoice for his football bibs.
Action: Follow up with Don
Discussion Kath gave a quick update on the case she discussed last month, she advised that this was now concluded with a good outcome for the member.
7. Health & Safety
Issue: Health & Safety Report
Discussion: The Health and Safety group is due to meet on the 1st July. There will hopefully be a walk round with Ross Munro.
Janet commented on issues in Medical Records, where the steps they are using are unsuitable
8. Education Officer’s Report
Issue: Steward Training
Discussion: We have a couple of stewards requiring training so will have to contact Inverness to see if there are any plans for someone to come over to carry out New Steward training.
9. Health & Social Care Integration
Discussion: The first HRF for Integration has now met and Mairi Murray was in attendance, all the work has still to be carried out.
The Locality Planning groups for Uist & Barra and Barra have now also been set up.
The next meeting of the Integrated Joint Board will be meeting on the 20th June.
10. Trade Union Bill
Discussion: No further update
11. Budget Setting
Issue: Budget Setting due
Discussion: Alistair advised that budget setting will have to be carried out soon
Action: This will be the only agenda item on next months meeting
12. AOCB :
Discussion: Mairi gave an update on the current situation with PAIAW. She advised that a joint staff side grievance was raised on the 17th March, which has not been progressed so far. Some staff are due 8 years worth of back pay. An extraordinary board meeting was held to discuss this in May, which Mairi removed herself from, but to date there has been no meaningful feedback to staff side.
Meeting closed at 7.00pm
Date of Next Meeting
Date: Tuesday 12th Juli 2016
Venue: Education Unit, Western Isles Hospital